Feds are pushing the U.S. Sustainability Policy to 600,000 Suppliers. Expect numerous program deployment challenges.
See Operational Analysis by Bellwether Services:
DoD, GSA, & NASA are driving the Federal Government's Environmental Performance Program. A sustainability procurement interim rule was issued last week which will impact 600,000 Federal Contractors and hundreds of investment portfolios. Here are seven key points:
- Federal Order was announced October 2009
- Federal sustainability scorecards were published April 2011
- Procurement rule effective date is August 2011
- Procurement rule impacts > 95 percent of future contracts
- Renewable energy is only one of several focus areas
- Many top tier Federal Contractors are early adopters and could gain marketshare
- Chemicals, Forestry, Packaging and some Electronics sectors are early adopters
Are your investments positioned for future federal growth?